Home » Finland · Universities
University of Jyväskylä
The University of Jyväskylä has its origins in the first Finnish-speaking teacher training college, founded in 1863. The University is a top-ranked university with good links among local business, a wide range of disciplines and active international relationships. It is ranked as the second largest university in Finland with around 15,000 students enrolled in the degree programs. Core fields in research and education are natural sciences and mathematics, human-centered sciences, sport and health sciences and teacher education.
University of Jyväskylä offers high-quality programmes conducted in English. International students are welcome to apply to degree programmes or as an exchange student through existing exchange agreements.
All Bachelor’s programmes at the University of Jyväskylä are offered in Finnish language only. Applicants to Bachelor’s programmes should have a good command of Finnish. Should you be interested in applying, please contact the Head of Academic Affairs of the Faculty in question for more information on the application procedure and to find out what qualifications are needed or from lesser known educational institutions will be accepted. Of course a lot of applicants will be coming straight from school and will hopefully have the grades required.
Masters’ degree programmes
1. Check your qualifications at the web sites of the Master’s programmes.
2. Fill in the online application form. Register to the online application system and fill in the electronic Application Form.
3. Collect your application documents and send them via mail by the application deadline. The online application form will indicate the required application enclosures. The documents related to educational background and proof of language skills are normally required.
A number of departments, such as those of Biology of Physical Activity, Chemistry, Physics, and Biological & Environmental Sciences offer excellent research opportunities for international postgraduate students.
Online Application here:
University Admissions Finland Unversities
18 January and 1 March
You are studying in one of the partner universities of the JyU and wish to enrol as an Erasmus, Nordplus, ISEP, FIRST, North-South-South or a bilateral exchange student.
You can apply to the University of Jyväskylä (JyU) as an exchange student for one or two semesters in case your home university is a partner university of JyU. You should first apply through your home university to be nominated to Erasmus, Nordplus/Nordlys, ISEP, FIRST, North-South-South or bilateral exchange.
1. After your home university has nominated you to study at the University of Jyväskylä as an exchange student, please fill in the online Application for Admission/Exchange Students. There is no need to send a paper copy of the application.
2. Send a transcript of your university records (a list of courses you have completed at your home university so far) to:
P.O. Box 35 (T)
FI-40014 University of Jyväskylä, Finland
Fax: +358 14 260 1163
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (scanned transcript)
If your university cannot provide you with a transcript of records, you can use a standard form. Please note that your application cannot be processed without the transcript.
3. After we have received your application form and the transcript of records and your host department has approved your application, we will send you a letter of admission and information on living and studying in Jyväskylä.
1 June for the autumn semester
1 November for the spring semester
Online Application for Admission/Exchange Students
(Erasmus, Nordplus/Nordlys, FIRST, North-South-South or bilateral applicants)
P.O.Box 35, FI-40014 University of Jyväskylä
Street address: Seminaarinmäki, building T (Hallintorakennus)
tel. +358 14 260 1211
fax: +358 14 260 1021
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.