Exploring Youth Work Realities in Kosovo
SALTO South East Europe Resource Centre is organising a study visit: “Exploring Youth Work Realities in Kosovo”.
This study visit aims to give a push to the cooperation with Kosovo by offering the opportunity to youth workers and youth leaders to discover the youth work scene there and explore possibilities for establishing partnerships.
The activity will take place from 3 till 7 October 2010 and is open for project managers, youth leaders and youth workers.
Realities of young people and youth work in this part of Europe are still unknown to many youth leaders and youth workers in other countries.
This study visit wants to change this by offering the opportunity to a small group youth workers and youth leaders to discover the youth work scene in the western part of Kosovo, in particular the areas around Prizren and Pe?/Peja, and explore possibilities for establishing partnerships with organisations from this region.
- Learning about the realities of youth work in Kosovo,
- Visiting different youth organisations and learning about their priorities and activities;
- On the basis of the experiences during the study visit, reflecting about the situation of youth work in the participants’ countries;
- Developing ideas for future joint youth projects, in particular within Youth in Action;
- Identifying partners for future Youth in Action projects.
It will include out-door visits and activities as well as non-formal learning activities aiming to reflect further and intiate ideas and partnerships for future cooperation.
18 Participants from Youth in Action Programme countries and South East Europe will be invited. Participants should have:
- Interest in learning more about youth and youth work in Kosovo;
- Interest in developing projects with SEE, and in particular with Kosovo, within the Youth in Action programme;
- Basic knowledge about the Youth in Action programme;
- Some prior experience in international/European youth work is a plus;
- Overall capacities of the participant’s organisation to develop projects within the Programme.
Full board and lodging for all participants will be provided by the organisers. Travel costs of participants coming from South East Europe will be reimbursed by SALTO SEE on the basis of original tickets and invoices Travel costs of participants coming from Programme Countries will be covered by their National Agency according to its own rules.
You can apply only, by clicking here. The deadline is the 16th of August 2010.
For more information, go to the official website.
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.