Zeitgeist Young Minds Competition
Deadline: 19 March 2012
Open to: Young people aged 18-24 from Europe, the Middle East and Africa
Prizes: A chance to attend a special programme of events and masterclasses held at this year’s Zeitgeist Europe 2012
Young Minds is a competition to find 10 pioneers, innovators, change-makers and leaders of tomorrow aged 18 – 24 across Europe, Middle East and Africa* to take their place alongside the greatest innovators of today at Google Zeitgeist 2012.
Previous Young Minds finalists won an experience of a lifetime, from meeting Chelsea Clinton and Will I Am, to taking part in panel discussions with Jon Snow and Martha Lane Fox (Co-founder Lastminute.com).
“My experience was magical, fantastic and powerful! What I enjoyed most was the innovative, energetic and creative atmosphere”Orli Setton, Zeitgeist Young Minds Europe winner 2011
Now it’s your turn, if you are you making a positive impact in the world through science, the arts, education, innovation or inspiration? Then you could have what it takes to be a Young Mind.
The search is now on to find 10 exceptional, motivated and inspiring 18-24 year-olds who will win a chance to attend a special programme of events and masterclasses held at this year’s Zeitgeist Europe 2012.
- All entries and submissions will be shortlisted during 20th – 22nd March 2012 and 30 finalists will be chosen. After this short-listing process, 10 Winners will be selected and contacted on Friday 30th March 2012 before being officially announced on Monday 2nd April 2012. The winners will then part in a telephone induction during w/c 2nd April 2012. The Promoter reserves the right to amend date/timings in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control. The Promoter will give you reasonable notice of any changes.
- If any winner does not meet the required entry requirements an alternative entry may be chosen as a winner.
- The 10 winners will automatically become Young Minds representatives and have the opportunity to attend the Zeitgeist event, meet and network with delegates and attendees. In the lead up to the event the winners will each take part in a series of weekly promotional activities for up to a maximum of 4 weeks. All winners will be required to commit to these activities and may forfeit their place at Zeitgeist EMEA 2012 if they are unable to commit to all activities.
- All winners will be set a brief w/c 2nd April around key themes and topics surrounding current news and the Zeitgeist 2012 event themes. The deadline will be Monday 30th April 2012.
- All Young Minds winners will be invited to an evening dinner the night before the Zeitgeist event with all delegates and attendees.
- The winners will take part in workshops sessions at Zeitgeist with the Promoter and Google.
- The Promoter will arrange for accommodation and transport.
- Prizes are as stated & no cash or other alternative prizes will be offered.
- The winners may be asked to take part in reasonable publicity. If you are a winner, you give your permission for a film of you to be taken & featured on-line & used for publicity purposes & for the use by the Promoter of your questions without further compensation.
- The winners may also be asked to participate in public relations around the competition. If you are a winner you give your permission, for photos of you to be taken & featured on-line, broadcast & in print for publicity purposes & for the use by the Promoter of your winning story without further compensation.
This Competition is open to residents aged 18 – 24 years inclusive, except employees of the Promoter (Livity), its agencies or anyone professionally associated with the Competition, their families & Google employees. We reserve the right to withdraw any participant from the Competition without notice.
Eligible entrants must be residents of the following EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) countries, South Africa, Algeria, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Belgium, Egypt, Spain, France, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Morocco, Nigeria, Uganda, Holland, Poland, Czech Republic, United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, Tunisia and Yemen.
You may enter the Competition online by uploading a one-minute video in English (videos over one minute 30 seconds will be disqualified) to the Young Minds YouTube page. Your Competition entry can be in any format or style in the theme of ‘How you’re making difference to the world’ and that is suitable for YouTube i.e. a video, images and sound. You can structure your competition entry how you like, but be clear and in English.
Any entries/submissions received, will automatically be entered into the competition and no other entry mechanic will be needed to be in with a chance of winning, as long as you meet the stated age and region restrictions.
All entrants will be contacted and asked to provide additional contact details that must be provided in order to be short-listed.
By entering into the competition you hereby licence to the Promoter (and third parties authorised by the Promoter) use of the video for the purposes of the Competition. The Promoter may use, display, publish, transmit, copy, make derivative works or podcasts from, edit, alter, store, re-format, sell and sub-licence and otherwise exploit your submissions for any purposes (for the full period of any licence).
The deadline for all entries and submissions is Monday 19th March 2012. All entries must be uploaded to YouTube by 11:59pm (GMT). Please do not leave any submissions or entries to the last minute because of possible technical errors, delays or other issues, which may delay or prevent you from uploading your entry by the closing time for the competition.
YouTube is not a sponsor of the competition and has no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the competition.
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.