Call for papers – Countries of the European Neighborhood Policy
Deadline: 1 June 2012
Open to: Students, graduates, PhD and PhD students, researchers, educational institutions, government agencies and civil society organizations, media personnel and other professionals who are interested in this subject between the ages of 20-40 years from selected countries
Prize: The best papers will be published
The call for papers on the subject “Countries of the European Neighborhood Policy East and South: particular issues and common solutions for sustainable development of Europe” is now open.
This contest is provided by Youth Club “Social Diplomacy” (Russia), jointly with The Autonomous non-commercial organization “Center For Socio-political Studies ‘Premier’” (Russia).
As you know the program of the European Neighborhood Policy (ENP) is a new approach of the European Union to neighboring countries to strengthen relations between the EU and its neighbors and co-operation on the security and prosperity establishment, ”the ring of friendly countries” on the borders of the European Union. ENP is also designed to give the EU neighboring countries a possibility of closer cooperation with the EU in politics, security, economy and culture. In this case 6 out of 16 countries in the program are included in the ENP (the Black Sea region particularly) Eastern Partnership, historically associated with socio-cultural processes taking place in Eastern Europe (Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine) and the Southern Caucasus (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia). But the main idea is to create a joint research ground to explore and highlight existing issues and barriers in several macro-regions and platforms: ENP EAST, ENP SOUTH (e.g. Arab Spring), Eastern Partnership and the Black Sea region with active role of Turkey and Russia.
The competition aims:
To conduct a survey by the most active young researchers on proposed issues and region development with a primary focus on macro-ENP (within different dimensions East and South), and in connection with the Black Sea region processes to develop mutually shared scenarios of local problems solving and to facilitate a sustainable development of Europe.
The competition objectives:
- identify key problem areas and potential for cooperation in the relationship of macro-ENP (EAST and SOUTH) and theBlack Searegion to identify successful practices of interaction with the EU institutions;
- create a strong research interest among young experts to develop a communication space and joint research projects;
- establish a network of experts on the macro-ENP and theBlack Searegion interaction, including in order to replicate successful practices of interaction with the EU institutions;
- formulate and convey practical advice on sustainable development for various actors in macro socio-political sphere of the ENP and theBlack Searegion and the EU institutions.
Key subjects of the works:
- Geopolitical factors of macro-ENP (East and South) and theBlack Searegion in the context of international cooperation;
- Internal and external key socio-political factors of macro-region development;
- Prospects and problems of macro-economic cooperation among the ENP and theBlack Searegion;
- Security problems in the macro-ENP (East and South) and theBlack Searegion, including the pending inter-state conflict and peacekeeping initiatives. The influence of public diplomacy to conflict resolution process;
- Intercultural dialogue: its process in macro-ENP (East, South, EaP, theBlack Searegion, Euromed) and existing barriers, possible overcoming methods.
- Human rights dimension and women empowerment (especially due East and South dimensions).
- The role and activities of Russia’s socio-political processes in the macro ENP (East and South) and theBlack Sea as well as cooperation with European institutions;
- Non-governmental sector – current situation and development trends, the work of international funds on a territory of macro-region;
- Ethno-cultural and ethno-political problems of macro-region modern migrations;
- Youth interaction and policy of macro-region;
- Possibilities of joint collaboration within ENP East and South – its dimensions, areas, common problems and reconciliation methods.
Requirements for authors:
- Age - 20-40 years;
- Type of duties – students, graduates, PhD and PhD students, researchers, educational institutions, government agencies and civil society organizations, media personnel and other professionals who are interested in this subject.
- Citizenship - authors must be citizens of the following countries: all countries of the European Union, Euromed region, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bulgaria, Georgia, Moldova, Romania, Russia, Turkey and Ukraine.
- Language – English.
Requirements for publications:
- Harvard Referencing Style
- 2500 words maximum
- All texts are supposed to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You should place a summary before the main text including: issue urgency, used arguments, conclusions.
- Please, provide your personal information by the next scheme:
Costs and Prize
Participation is free (no fees). The best papers collection on aspects and the main factors affecting on the development of macro-regions is planned to be published. The collection will have all the details of the official scientific publication (BBK, ISBN, referees and others).
Collection is scheduled to send to all authors of the articles included in the publication, as well as all interested states and non-profit institutions of these macro-regions.
Specialized workshops are supposed to be conducted. Participants will be selected due to results of the contest. The exact time and place will be announced separately in the second information letter.
The full call for papers can be found on the following link.
The previous papers collections is attached here to demonstrate the results.
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.