Call for an Intern Policy Monitoring and Communication
Deadline: 26 November, 2012
Open to: candidates with an academic background in political science, social sciences, journalism, communication, law or equivalent; interested in youth policy and with knowledge of some basis of the European and global landscape of youth policy
Remuneration: compensation of 1.563,80 euro gross paid under the European Youth Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement; coverage of 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region and of 60% of the public transport travel costs outside the Brussels region.
The European Youth Forum (YFJ) is recruiting an intern for 6 months, starting in mid-January 2013, in the Communications Team within the Secretary-General’s Office of the organisation. The internship is based at the European Youth Forum secretariat in Brussels. The successful candidate will work in close coordination with the Communications Team and the Policy Development and Advocacy Department.
- Policy Monitoring: support the monitoring of the institutional development of youth policy already done within the European Youth Forum, according to its strategic priorities: Education, Participation, and Youth Mainstreaming, Human Rights, Youth Work Development, Employment and Social Affairs. The monitoring will be done through the screening of institutional communication channels (EU institutions, Council of Europe, United Nations) and major European media.
- Communication: Drafting of a periodical public bulletin, the European ‘Youth Policy Watch’, which includes the results of the institutional monitoring. Writing articles and news items for the publications of the Youth Forum. Social media monitoring.
PROFILE OF APPLICANTS
- Academic background in political science, social sciences, journalism, communication, law or equivalent.
- Interest in youth policy and knowledge of some basis of the European and global landscape of youth policy.
- Available for six months, full-time, starting in mid-January 2013.
- The selected candidate will preferably be at her/his first internship experience or not have more than one previous internship experience outside of studies.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Drafting and editing skills for texts targeting external audiences;
- Able to research, collate, analyse and summarise information;
- Policy analysis skills;
- Capacity to work with people from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Excellent written and oral skills in English, and preferably in French;
- Computer literate (European Youth Forum uses Mac OS and Open Source softwares); knowledge of graphic software is a plus.
- An interesting and challenging period of work experience in a major Brussels-based NGO, with the opportunity to gain specific knowledge on communication and advocacy related to youth policy, education, social affairs, sustainable development, etc.
- An internship regulated under the conditions of the Belgium internship contract called “Convention d’immersion professionnelle”(see more) and in line with the European Charter for Quality Internships and Apprenticeships
- An internship with a compensation of 1.563,80 euro gross paid under the European Youth Forum Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Coverage of 100% of the public transport travel costs within the Brussels region and of 60% of the public transport travel costs outside the Brussels region.
You can submit your application here
- Create a user account : click on “Registration” and fill in your personal details.
- Go to the “Login ” area and login with your username and password.
- Create your CV: click on “My Curriculum” in this area you will be asked to provide information on your education, experience and training’s.
- Submit your application: click on “Vacancies” you will be asked to select the call.
Interviews will take place in early December 2012 in Brussels.
Deadline for applications: 25 November 2012, 23h59 CET
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.