Paid PhD Positions in Management at ERIM Rotterdam
Deadline: 15 March 2013
Open to: Candidates with a a Master degree in a field that is relevant to his or her PhD project
Remuneration: € 2,042 in year 1, € 2,379 in year 2, € 2492 in year 3, and € 2612 in the final year
Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM) is the research institute of management at Erasmus University Rotterdam, and was founded by Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University (RSM) and Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), both of which excel in their research and teaching programmes. The level and international character of their research and teaching programmes has put both schools at the forefront of academic excellence.
ERIM distinguishes itself by high level and international character of its research and has repeatedly been ranked among top 3 research institutes in Europe. ERIM’s key aims are top quality academic research with impact both on academia and managerial practice, and the advancement of international academic careers and high-level support for both research and doctoral education. ERIM is accredited by the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences (KNAW). For more information about ERIM please click here.
About the PhD positions
Each year ERIM initiates and starts a substantial number of new and internationally oriented PhD research projects. The focus is on pioneering and innovative research in the field of Management and Business Research. ERIM distinguishes five areas of research in management and offers fully funded PhD research projects in the following fields:
- Finance & Accounting
- Business Processes, Logistics and Information Systems
- Strategy & Entrepreneurship
List of current PhD vacancies can be found here.
A potential PhD Candidate at ERIM:
- is ambitious;
- aspires to build a career in management research;
- is able to analyse complex problems;
- is highly proficient in English;
- has obtained excellent study results in the past;
- has a Master degree in a field that is relevant to his or her PhD project.
To be considered for a PhD position in Management at ERIM, candidates are expected to have:
- MSc, MA or MPhil degree in business or economics, or from related fields such as psychology, sociology, engineering, mathematics, etc. (depending on PhD project)
- Excellent results in their first degree/graduate study.
- Explicit interest in and motivation for scientific research.
- A GMAT or GRE test is required for all entering students. The test results should not be older than five years and an indication of the required score is 85%.
- TOEFL or IELTS test results; ERIM requires a TOEFL score of at least 100 on the internet based test and 600 on the paper based test. For IELTS there is a minimum score of 7.5. The language test results should not be older than two years.
- In addition to these formal requirements, candidates for the Programme are selected on the basis of their CVs, academic references, and interview(s) with the potential supervisor(s)
Predefined PhD projects are fully funded and salaried positions, meaning that appointed PhD candidates are employees (promovendus) of Erasmus University Rotterdam. Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (CAO-NU). Starting monthly salary is € 2,042 in year 1, € 2,379 in year 2, € 2492 in year 3, and € 2612 in the final year (all mentioned figures are gross and fixed amounts). Successful candidates are appointed on a full-time basis for a total of 4 years. Preferred starting date of PhD appointment is 1st September 2013.
Conditions of employment
Working at the Erasmus University Rotterdam means working in a professional environment, where development is encouraged through an active career and mobility policy. The Erasmus University Rotterdam highly appreciates flexibility and offers a 38-hour workweek, flexible working hours, maternal/paternal leave, holiday allowance, end year bonus etc. Moreover, the University has a company childcare scheme, possibilities to participate in a terms of employment option model, company savings program and life insurance schemes and favourable collective insurance schemes. Employees can also make use of facilities such as sports facilities and library. For more information about the employment conditions please click here.
Furthermore, PhD candidates also benefit from the state-of-the- art research facilities and financial support programme (ERIM Support Programmes – ESP), which ERIM has set up for a wide range of research-related activities like conference participation and visit, international job market visit, external courses, scientific and educational literature, working visit to international supervisor, international research study/visit, etc.
How to apply
All applicants are required to follow application process. The application deadline is 15th March 2013.
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.