Call for Volunteers for ETNOFILm Festival, Rovinj, Croatia
Deadline: 28 February 2013
Open to: Interested people from all over the world
Benefits: Free access to all parts of ETNOFILm Festival. Accommodation and meals covered during the festival
The Ethnographic Museum of Istria is pleased to invite all young students of anthropology, ethnology, sociology, media and other social and humanities sciences to join in making the 5th International Ethnographic film festival –ETNOFILm in Rovinj, Croatia (24.-27.4.2013). ETNOFILm Festival is a platform for the promotion of ethnographic film and the system of categorization of the films in the competition is indicative of Festival’s diversity. On one hand, a production of ethnographic film is encouraged in the strictest disciplinary sense of the word – meaning films whose authors are trained ethnologists/anthropologists – and on the other hand, the Festival also affirms non-disciplinary films and a heterogenic approach to the filed.
Responsibilities of volunteers
Organizers are looking for a small but motivated group of both local and international volunteers to help out during the festival by:
- Promoting the festival in Rovinj during the festival (handing out flyers and working at the information and sales point (selling promotional material from the festival – bags, T-shirts, postcards, badges)
- Assisting with the hospitality of our guests (jury members and participating authors)
- Working at the entrance of the screenings (greeting the audience, making sure the doors are open and closed on time, assisting the technical and organization teams)
- Assisting with the accompanying Photo Exhibition
- Generally helping out with the day to day logistics of the festival
- Having fun and enjoying some great documentaries
How to apply
In order to apply for the position organizers kindly ask that you submit:
- Application form
- A short (one page maximum) motivation letter. Tell us why you want to be a part of our great team? Do you have any previous experience in volunteering for ethnographic or other film festivals? Why are you interested in ethnographic film?
- Your current CV
Please send your application and any further questions to volunteer coordinator Ljiljana Pantovic at email@example.com. The deadline for applying is 28.02.2013!
Unfortunately, the organizers will not be able to cover the volunteers travel expenses, but volunteers will be offered free lunch and accommodation during the festival. Upon request the volunteers can receive a certificate of volunteering. We can also promise lovely sea air, a chance to meet amazing people, create new contacts, learn new skills and watch great ethnographic films.
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.