YouthActionNet Laureate Global Fellowship
Deadline: 17 March 2013
Open to: young people, ages 18-29 who are the acting founder/co-founder of an existing organization, or a project within an organization, with a demonstrated track record of leading societal change
Fellowship: all expenses paid retreat in São Paulo, Brazil, followed by a yearlong coaching relationship with a YouthActionNet team member
Launched in 2001 by the International Youth Foundation, YouthActionNet strengthens, supports, and celebrates the role of young people in leading positive change in their communities. Each year, 20 exceptional young social entrepreneurs are selected as YouthActionNet Global Fellows following a competitive application process. The year-long Fellowship program includes:
- A seven-day leadership retreat for twenty selected Fellows which offers dynamic peer-to-peer learning, collaboration, and sharing among young visionaries. The 2013 retreat will take place within in early October in Brazil.
- Focus on the personal growth and leadership abilities of Fellows, in addition to providing instruction in specific skills required to manage innovative, world-changing organizations
- Year-round learning opportunities based on Fellows’ individual needs and the six dimensions of leadership highlighted in the YouthActionNet® Global Curriculum: Personal, Visionary, Political, Collaborative, Organizational, and Societal.
2. Networking and Resources:
- Access to potential resources to support Fellows and their projects, including volunteers, mentors, and grant opportunities
- Opportunities to network and collaborate with IYF projects and partners
- Membership in the YouthActionNet® global network of fellows and alumni
- Training in areas such as communications planning, media outreach, message development, presentation skills, and innovative uses of new media technologies
- Access to global advocacy platforms and media coverage
All expenses for visa fees, transportation to the retreat in São Paulo, accommodations, meals, and local transportation will be paid for by YouthActionNet.
- Open to all young people, ages 18-29 as of October 1, 2013
- Applicants must be the acting founder/co-founder of an existing organization, or a project within an organization, with a demonstrated one year track record of leading societal change
- Proficiency in English is required; applications must be submitted in English
- Applicants must attend the full retreat (all expenses paid) to take place in early October 2013
Applications for the 2013 Fellowship program are due by March 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM EST. Finalists will be notified by May 22, 2013.
Click here to apply online. The application consists of one 2:30 video and 3-page online application. They highly recommend that you download the Word version (HERE) of the application to preview and craft your answers offline. This is a great way to think through your responses and have a saved copy for yourself! Once you have your application complete to your satisfaction you can return to the site and submit online.
- Video: Using instructions provided in the application, you will create an original video. Your video will be the first opportunity they have to see your passion, knowledge, and unique perspective. Be specific and succinct in explaining your personal relationship to your work (why you do what you do), the steps you have made toward change (what your project/organization does) and what a successful future looks like for your project/organization.
- Narrative Application: Within this section you will provide details that support what you show in the video. Please remember to thoroughly describe your work in a way that an outsider with no knowledge of the issue you are addressing would understand. Help viewers understand the specific programs, projects, and activities that your organization offers. They are interested in your long-term vision, but it is important for them to understand your current activities. You must provide all requested information within the narrative application.
- References: You will be asked to enter the contact information for two references who can discuss your eligibility for the fellowship.
- Supporting Documents: You will have the opportunity to submit up to three additional documents that may provide judges with a better understanding of your project.
You can find more information on the official website HERE.
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.