International Photo Contest Work4Youth
Deadline: 15 April, 2013
Open to: professional and amateur photographers, age years or older who are residents in the following countries
Award: the winning photos and other outstanding photographs will be selected for an online exhibition on the International Labour Organization website. The winning prizes are USD 500/800/1000
Are you new to photography or already an established photographer?
Here is YOUR opportunity to capture youth employment issues and highlight the challenges young women and men face in the work place, as well as their resilience and innovation for overcoming the challenges.
In a creative and original way your photo(s) should capture youth at work (different places
and conditions) and highlight employment challenges and resilience. Issues related to the themes of: poor working conditions; gender barriers; discrimination; informality; entrepreneurship; working poverty; migration; precarious work; rural economy, among others, are welcomed. Look around you!
Among the aspects sought from the photos are reflections of:
- Enthralling, enlightening and edifying moments of young workers/ job seekers;
- Indiscernible and hidden moments that provide insights into young workers/jobseekers’ experiences in the labour market;
- Uplifting, contagious enthusiasm and inimitable energy of young job seekers/ workers;
- Visions and expectations of young people
A jury will award a total of five prizes in two categories:
Global: A selection made from all photo entries
1) Best photo: USD 1000
2) Second best photo: USD 500
3) Youth prize (entries of persons aged 18-29 years): USD 800
Regional: A selection made from photo entries from the Central and Eastern Europe (CEE) region
4) CEE best photo: USD 1000
5) CEE youth prize (entries of persons aged 18-29 years): USD 800
To enter you must be aged 18 years or older and be a resident in the following countries
- A maximum of 5 photos may be submitted by a photographer;
- Photographers must be the sole author of the entries and hold all intellectual property rights to them;
- To enter the contest – ALL entries must include the OFFICIAL ENRTRY FORM and must submit photos via email to email@example.com stating full name, age, sex and country;
- The photographers must have received permission in writing from the subject(s) in the photos agreeing to the terms and conditions of the “WORK4YOUTH” photo contest;
- Photos must be submitted with a title, date shot, location and caption.
- Entries will only be accepted in digital format and must not be digitally enhanced or manipulated in any way;
- Image files should be 10 megabytes or smaller, must be in JPEG or .jpg format, and must be at least 1,600 pixels wide (if a horizontal image) or 1,600 pixels tall (if a vertical image);
- Photos that have won awards in other photographic contests will not be considered;
- Photos that have been published will not be considered;
- Photos must be sent by 23:59 Midnight (Europe Central Time) of 15 April 2013;
- Employees of the ILO are not eligible to participate in the contest;
- When entering the photo contest photographers agree to the terms and conditions.
- You must send your photo(s) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- When sending photos, YOU MUST insert your age and country of residency in the SUBJECT BOX. Photo(s) will NOT be accepted if this information is not provide in the subject box;
- You must fill out and submit the OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM and agree to the terms and conditions of the photo contest (see below);
- Each photo should include the following information: Title, date shot, location, caption (maximum 100 words) explaining what the picture portrays.
The deadline for submissions is 15 April, 2013.
The Official Call and application form are available here
Please note that Mladiinfo does not give scholarships or any financial support, but only informs about different opportunities. Click on the direct link to the official page above to apply for the program.